The DSS Grants Service Directory includes details of active grants and organisations providing service delivery.
You can search the directory by program name, state/territory, region or postcode, or a combination of these. Once your search criteria is selected, select Go.
Within the search results:
- “Alternative Service Arrangement” means services are being delivered differently, such as by phone instead of face-to-face, or individually instead of group-based
- “Site Partially Closed” means the service has either closed one or more sites, ceased service delivery in one or more regions, or has ceased delivering some funded services
- “Site Closed” means that the funding recipient organisation has ceased all operations
Where available, website links are included to assist you in gaining further information, including how to access services.
Here’s how to get immediate emergency assistance or support for those affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- For information on how the Department of Social Services is responding through a range of measures visit dss.gov.au.
- For local emergency relief providers search ‘Financial Crisis and Material Aid – Emergency Relief’ in the search below on this page. Please note provider details are updated regularly but may not be current at the time of your search.
- For financial counselling, including advice on managing debt, contact the free and confidential National Debt Helpline at ndh.org.au or by calling 1800 007 007. Or visit MoneySmart for advice to help you manage your money.
- For those experiencing domestic violence, please contact 1800 RESPECT. Mensline Australia and the Men’s Referral Service also offer support to people using violence. In an emergency – if anyone is in immediate danger – please call 000 now.
- Lifeline offers personal crisis support Call 131 114 at any time. Kids Helpline is a free service for young people aged 5 to 25. Kids, teens and young adults can call 1800 551 800 at any time.
- Those on a low income may be eligible to apply for a ‘No Interest Loan’. For more information and details on how to apply, visit Good Shepherd Microfinance.
- To test eligibility for income support payments including JobSeeker, contact Services Australia by visiting servicesaustralia.gov.au.
- For advice on how to seek medical help or to get tested for Coronavirus (COVID-19), contact your state or territory health authority, or call the coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline on 1800 020 080 at any time.
- Latest COVID-19 news, advice and public health information is available at australia.gov.au, or download the ‘Coronavirus Australia’ app from the Apple and Google Play stores.